Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Tree -New Mock Tradition

This year we decided to buy a permit to cut down a tree from National Forest land. The permit is only $5!! (Anyone else think that's is ridiculously cheap!!??) So, we set out up Brackett Creek on Saturday- the weather was beautiful, sunny and lots of snow. The whole family got out and it was so much fun. (This is a trail Kyle and I used to cross country ski quite often.)

Last year Madigan extremely disliked sledding when we took her. I was concerned we were traumatizing her forever. Well, it turns out this year she loves it. She's a little taller now which helps with the snow in the face thing.


Cutting the chosen tree:

The sled was a great idea of Dad's. Madigan rode the whole way and it was so easy I could even pull her. See that belly? I keep thinking my coat won't fit each day and then somehow it still zips!..Granted it rides a little high, but I'll take that for the warmth of my down jacket any time.


Our tree isn't the fullest tree, but it's the one the family picked out. We decided cutting a tree will be a Mock family tradition every year. It was such a fun family outing for all of us!

2 comments:

Beth said...

What a great tradition! I miss living near the national forest.

Jessica said...

That snow looks really inviting, perfect day for a walk in the woods and some sleigh riding!