Here's a picture of the updated art corner. Madigan continues to use this space daily and frequently. Her drawers have lots of art supplies, but not all of them. She doesn't get access to the paint yet!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Happenings at Casa Mock
We FINALLY started a nature table/seasonal table. This is something I have wanted to do since Madigan was born. It's having a space that's all about the season we're in. So, anything that reminds us of Fall can go on this little "table" or for us a shelf on the bookcase. In retrospect I'm really glad I waited because Madigan is totally into it. She collects things on her own "that remind us of Fall" and brings them in for the table. She does seem to stretch it sometimes, like her little doll is up there and I don't get the Fall-ness, but she does and that's what it's about. There's also a horse, haybale and a little picture of a chicken. I'd like to have a seasonal book basket as well, but I haven't got that organized yet. Plus, we do a library trip every week and always have a separate library book pile to manage so I'm not sure yet another separate pile would work for us.
Here's a picture of the updated art corner. Madigan continues to use this space daily and frequently. Her drawers have lots of art supplies, but not all of them. She doesn't get access to the paint yet!
I forgot to introduce everyone to our new chickens. We got 2 wyandottes about 6 weeks ago or so. Our friends in Belgrade raised them until they were ready to join our flock. They're actually beautiful birds and have warmed up to me quite quickly. We now have 6 chickens total. Our egg count is all over the place, especially with the season change.

Last weekend when it became clear that Winter was coming instead of Fall, Kyle made some coop adjustments. He added this little pulley to the chicken door. Now, instead of having to go inside of the chicken pen area, you can just go up to the fence and open or shut the door. We're shutting the door at night to keep the heat in and then opening it in the morning. Now, what we really want to do is make the pulley extend all the way to the back door so we don't really have to put shoes on at all!!
And below Madigan milks Barnaby- apparently he makes apple juice and white and chocolate milks as well. he's a special dog I tell you!
Here's a picture of the updated art corner. Madigan continues to use this space daily and frequently. Her drawers have lots of art supplies, but not all of them. She doesn't get access to the paint yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment