On the morning of Madigan's birthday, she woke up to a few things on the table. The most cherished may have been the photos-she really seemed to like those.
I spend a lot of time thinking about our family traditions- what they will be, what I want the kids to get from them. Having a small table to wake up to on your special day will be one of our birthday traditions, along with pictures of the birth/baby, a birthday crown, the fabric garland (seen below), and a letter from each Mom and Dad wrote to Madigan (or next child). This year I have the stationary for our letters, but we'll be writing them today since yesterday was full of other activities (um, like cleaning the house!). They'll be put away with last year's letters for Madigan to read when she's older.
I had to photograph the fabric garland I made for family celebrations. This is something I wanted to make i time for Madigan's 2nd birthday and never got to it. This year I started early and it got done in time. I'm so happy with it and look forward to using for many years to come, for everyone's birthdays and parties.
No comments:
Post a Comment