Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whats she's up to

I've been wanting to share what Madigan is up to lately, but whenever I sit down to write it I forget everything. So, here's the beginnings of a list. I love sharing the photos, but they don't tell the story so well. It's all coming so fast these days. She's such a silly, smart little hoot every day! I have totally adored staying home with her the last month or so (although I'll admit I am exhausted when dad gets home). I'm so happy that she'll only be in school for half days this year. I wouldn't want her to be there full days right now- there's so much I would miss...


So, here's a few things she's said or done recently;


Tells me "It's my option" to go to her room and read books rather then nap.

When she apologizes, she says "Sorry, You."

She asks "why" so much it's exhausting

She told us Naya could go to the new Dinosaur Playground (she had not been there before) because "Naya doesn't chase dinosaurs".

She told Kyle that she's my baby and when the new baby comes out of Mom's tummy he can have that one.

I told her she could wear her tutu to dance at Lunch on the Lawn and her response was "that would be perfect".

We spend every evening sitting on the couch watching her "moves". She will dance for an entire hour each night.

She's way into dress up right now - cow, queen, ballerina, etc

She has 1001 things to do with/teach to/show the baby. Most times the list starts with her teaching the baby to swing from trees ...(????)

If you ask her anything having to do with time you may get the response in minutes, weeks, or months.

She calls her friends on her pretend phone and has long conversations about whats shes doing.

When I get off the phone with Kyle during the day, she always says "he's a piece of work". (When I'm upset with him or him with me we say he's a real piece of work.) Uncle Matt is also a piece of work.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for the smile E. She's such an awesome little person.

Nana said...

I'm wondering - does Mom cook in the kitchen wearing an apron and underwear?? hmmmm.....

I love the little dresses you wear on Madi. She's quite a dancer and I'm so happy to have a ballerina granddaughter!