Sunday, September 7, 2008

My neglectfulness there pays off here

Yes, I've been neglecting my blog, my friends, and plenty of other things....For what? Some craft time and some major organizing (!) time, among other stuff. Here's what I've been up to:

Little oilcloth boxy pouch. So cute and so fast.
A new craft area for ALL of my craftiness to live, be organized and be accessed. (Can't express how happy I am to finally have an area for myself!!)
A went and bought us a coffee table.... And I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for getting it 70% off! I felt like I never wanted to sit in our living room because it wasn't "welcoming". Now, we have a coffee table to play and read at, to set our drinks and snacks and knitting on, and to gather around.....
Some major organizing is taken place in the Mock house this past month. Now, that we have some room to move about, our nooks of paperwork and general chaos don't need to exist. I brought the label maker from the office home with me and started in this past weekend- labeling everything and anything in my path. FYI-label maker is on my Christmas list this year!
Madigan finally got a room. Since she hasn't really slept in there, it hasn't felt like her own room. This week we started transitioning her into her own room-both nap and bed time. She naps fine, but only lasts a few hours during the night before coming into our bed...That's why it's called a "transition time", right? I set it up so she has a play area, all her books are in one location and not all over the house, table and chairs, the aquarium (built in night light)... we also hung her star paper lantern and a few other things around her room. She actually LOVES her room now and I'm so happy that she too now has her very own space.

I made a few of these "Magnetic Art Strips" after a trip to Ace Hardware. I primed the metal, painted them orange and then Shellac'ed em.These 2 are about 4 or 5 feet long and above the desk/computer. I made 2 other really long ones -one in Madigan's room within her own reach so she can hang artwork, pictures, etc., and then other I think will go in our room so we can also hang Madigna's artwork , pictures, etc. All in all, I'm really happy with how these turned out and for what I need them for. And best of all, now I can start using my own handmade magnets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madigan's room looks so nice and friendly! Looks like she had fun walking among the big trees. What a big girl she's getting to be!