Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mock's Lincoln Log Farm

Nana started it when she sent Madigan a goat farm last winter. Since then, we've slowly been collecting farm animals. I found Madi's set of Lincoln Logs in the garage last weekend when I "cleaned it out" (in quotes because I didn't really get rid of all that much). I bought the set at a garage sale before she was even born for $3, which includes the rubbermaid bin they were in....(oh the joy I get from a good deal...ahem- did you say I'm like my mother?)

So, on Friday I decided I would just try to parent the day that Madigan and I had together- not try to finish an impossible list of errands and chores. And it was nice. We built this little farm and then we went out to Rocky Creek Farm for a birthday party (pictures to follow).

For Madigan's birthday I got her a squirrel, a set of ducks, a rabbit and another animal I can't remember right now. And last night I made her a hen's nest for her chickens, and next up are these adorable hay bales. Wow, I can't imagine all of the stuff I'm going to make when we get a dollhouse set up!!



1 comment:

Beth said...

Those hay bales and nests are too cute. How do you find all these crafty websites?