Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer is FINALLY here!

So, here's a few pictures from our summer solstice party. We had such a great time and the weather was so amazing.
This is the nature crown making station. The kids and I went on a walk before the party to gather all the materials we needed-sticks, pinecones, poppies, daisies, dandelions, leaves, anything we could find in our neighborhood. The crowns I had cut and duct taped together so they were ready for the party guests to pluck from the line and create. (The duct tape holds 2 crown pieces of paper bag together with the sticky side facing out-the sticky holds the nature "stuff" and also closes the crown around the child's head when finished.)
Mom and Madigan with completed crowns:

Pinata time!:




These girls were so funny! During the party, they went into the dress up drawer in Madigan's room and got all dressed up and then came outside again. It was so cute and funny. (Camera fuzziness happening again!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

I so wish I could have been at that party. It looks like so much fun! I love the nature crowns and you and Madigan look awesome in yours.

Jessica said...

The party looks like it was a huge success: weather, yard, barbecue, guests, and of course the piƱata and crowns!
Heres to a wonderful hostess and wishing we could have been there to celebrate with you all!
ps: love the pic of you and Madigan in your crowns :)