Friday, April 4, 2008

Sand & Water OR Rice & Nothing

I saw this little sand and water table on clearance at Target last year and didn't buy it. So, when they came back for Spring this year I thought about it for a month or so before I decided to go and buy it. Madigan is obsessed (to put it kindly) with the dog water and food bowls. So, I thought she may like to have water in this table and outside where she can make a big wet mess and Mom won't care. For now, we put rice in 1/2 of it for her and she really likes it. The table came with funnels and scoops , has 2 drains on each side, and it has a nice cover that turns into a "roadway" for cars and such.
The weather here has been pretty chilly still and pretty muddy, so I was looking for things we could do outside. I'd also like to get her a tunnel to climb through or a play tent house or something, but we'll need warmer and drier weather for those. And soon I'll be able to search the garage sales.
Our daughter just likes to be outside-she doesn't need anything fancy or excited- just likes to walk around the driveway and listen to birds and see dogs walking by. She's perfectly happy to follow Kyle and I around if we have something to do in the garage or the yard. She's also really liking swinging on her playset again. It's been a long and snowy winter and although we are thankful for that, we're looking forward to spring and all the life and warmth it brings with it.

Today is also a very special spring day.... Our newest niece, Arden, is being born today. Welcome Arden! We can't wait to meet you!

No comments: