Thursday, April 24, 2008

Homemade Play Dough

Inspired by my new book, The Creative Family, I made homemade play dough tonight and we had a "family art night". It was very fun and relaxed. Kyle, Madigan and I played with the play dough and enjoyed each other's company. And my brother, Matt, sat next to us doing a word search game and watching us. The recipe is below. I was surprised it was so easy and quick, and turned out to be really nice play dough!


Homemade Play Dough
(from Salt and Chocolate)

1c. flour
1c. water
2 t. cream of tartar
1/4 c. salt
1T. vegetable oil
food coloring (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a pot. Let child decide on color. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly. Dough will become harder to stir and will gather on sppon. Dump the dough onto wax paper and knead until smooth (about 30 seconds).

No comments: