I think this will become one of those things that I make very week.
Nut & Seed Granola
From Feeding the Whole Family: Cooking with Cynthia Lair
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup almonds (I use sliced)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1/3 cup cold pressed veggie oil (I used coconut oil)
1/3 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
1/4 cup apple or orange juice (I use a morning blend with like 7 different kids)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. In separate small bowl combine all wet ingredients. Slowly pour wet over dry, using a spatula to fold and evenly coat the dry mixture with the wet. Spread over cookie sheets and bake. Turn granola every 15 to 20 minutes so it toasts evenly. Bake until granola is dry and golden (45-60 minutes total). Store in an airtight jar.
There's another recipe by the same person for Maple Butter Nut Granola here.
No comments:
Post a Comment