Monday, June 15, 2009

Grateful Jar

This little jar is changing our lives. It's our grateful jar. About a month ago I started writing a little note starting with "I'm grateful for..." and sticking it in the jar. I thought Kyle would catch on, but it took him awhile to add anything. When I asked him about it, he said he was always thinking about what he was grateful for since I set up the jar. So,he too started added little slips of paper. I haven't come up with what we're going to do with the paper yet- not sure if I want to read them aloud as a family or quietly savor each addition to the jar myself. But it does have us thiking about all of the winderful things we have each day.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Erin - that's such a wonderful idea for each of you. It's good to consciously give thought to what you're thankful for and be aware of how blessed you are. It's so nice to teach Madigan that also. I'm proud of all of you!

Beth said...

Here's one for the thankful jar:

I am thankful for my incredibly thoughtful and inspiring friend Erin.