When I saw Craft Hope's 2nd project, I knew I wanted to be part of it. Craft Hope's mission is "spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time". How lovely is that? For their second project, they are asking people to make a handmade doll to give to children at an orphanage in Nicaragua. They provided a pattern via Martha Stewart here, and it was super easy. I had hopes of making the orphanage ones first and then later making Madigan one, but she's not quite old enough to understand that one. However it was a great opportunity to start talking about helping others and giving. I made the little "blond" doll for her after she went to bed. I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow morning (she took the donation doll to bed with her knowing it wasn't for her). I think I'll make a few more for the Nicaraguan children and also one for a special niece (or 2!).
For all of you out there that sew or knit, check out the site if you have time or interest.
1 comment:
What a great thing to do! I wish I sewed more. Maybe this will inspire me.
Post a Comment